IT Service Provider moves on-premises VMware Horizon VDI to cloud-based VDI in AWS with Leostream
As a solutions provider managing both on-premises and cloud-hosted environments, Dewpoint assists their customers with design and implementation of a variety of technology solutions, including virtual desktop infrastructures. Recently, one of their VDI customers wanted to “get out of the data center business” and move their VDI deployment to the cloud. To support this customer, Dewpoint designed and developed their “Next Gen VDI” offering, which allowed their customers to save money and improve efficiency by leveraging the cloud as a hosting platform for VDI, managed by Leostream and in partnership with Teradici and Liquidware.
- Operating costs of on-premises VMware Horizon VDI had become prohibitive for the client due to data center costs
- Amazon Workspaces did not meet the client requirements for time-to-deploy new VMs
- Any new solution needed to be deployed on AWS EC2 cloud infrastructure and leverage existing Teradici PCoIP Zero Clients
- Reduced operating costs associated with an on-premises datacenter by moving to AWS
- Maintained business continuity by preserving user profiles
- Provided anywhere access to IT assets
- Leveraged the PCoIP Zero Clients they already loved!