Lowering costs, improving security, and increasing worker productivity are all on the minds of today’s IT professionals. Traditional PC deployments are costly to maintain and difficult to secure, forcing organizations to move their computing resources into the data center. But, often, moving to the data center isn’t enough. IT administrators need easy and efficient means to deliver computing resources to their end-users.The Leostream Hosted Desktop Solution
The Leostream Connection Broker provides the centralized connection management layer you need to deliver computing resources to your end-user community. It simplifies the creation of a unified hosted desktop environment from even the most complex IT architectures.
- Manage mixed environments of physical and virtual hosted desktops running Microsoft® Windows® and Linux® operating systems
- Choose the high-performance display protocols that best meet end-users’ needs
- Easy to install and configure on a VMware®, Citrix®, Microsoft® or Red Hat® virtualization platform
- Rich set of pooling & access control rules to optimize resource utilization and minimize power consumption
- Plug-and-play integration with existing network infrastructure
- Robust reliability and performance
- Global scalability and centralized management
- Smooth roaming, SSO, USB, idle-time monitoring, and printer redirection to improve end user experience
The Leostream Connection Broker includes:
- The Connection Broker: A virtual appliance that manages and assigns hosted virtual desktops and applications to end-users. Administrators use the Connection Broker Web interface to define the managed resources and the access control policies that connect end-users to those resources.
- The Leostream Agent: When installed on each hosted desktops, the Leostream Agent provides the Connection Broker with information about the connection status of remote users to the desktops. The Leostream Agent is a critical component when using Leostream for USB management.
- Leostream Connect: The Leostream Connect client allows organizations to repurpose fat desktops and laptops as clients to log into hosted desktops. Leostream Connect provides client-side single sign-on and run-as-shell modes, to lock down and hide the fat client's operating system from the end user.